Friday, May 01, 2009

I've been slacking, but...

... I happen to think I had a good reason for it.

You see, I WON! I WON! I WON!

*Another* Scriptfrenzy. Of course leaving the bulk of the work until the very last moment, but I did write/copy/pasted the last 50-odd pages yesterday, with almost 2 hours to spare. How's that for planning, I ask you?
Having made most of the drivel up myself, I was rather surprised at how well it all fit in with the "back story" of the Beckett Godot. Of course the story isn't quite finished, yet, but this one might actually make it to being edited. I still have some free proof print at a certain vanity press waiting somewhere in the depths of my email bucket, and this might be the one to get to print. Will make DH do some art for the cover.
Here's one Stacey made earlier and dare I say it, better written and marketed than my humble person could come up with. I'll take this moment to learn something: Ask!!!

Anyways, that project has been finished with mixed feelings of success, the job hunting has as well. Have I mentioned that? I can't remember, but I figure I must have. The sweater knitting has been done, and I'm currently writing so as not to have to put *the other sleeve* in before closing the sides. it's been waiting for this moment for 2 weeks now. Been slacking a lot.
For some reason, the job takes more brain effort from the constant discussions about nothing than from the actual work which hasn't really started being an effort yet.

So to sum things up, I'm full of ideas, but lethargy seems to be the buzz word over here, in this attic, in front of the TV.

I'd also like to tell you that alcohol is very bad for you. Yesterday I WON! the 3rd Scriptfrenzy in a row so I figured celebrations were in order. I debated with myself how this should be done. Herbal Tea-man was sitting on the left shoulder, competing with White Wino on the right. As the right shoulder was feeling more and more stable, White Wino won the competition hands down. I poured my glass, and started to put the cork back in WHICH IS A BAD PLAN WHEN YOU HAVE AN UNSTABLE SHOULDER. Apparently.

Alcohol maakt meer kapot dan je lief is, dat blijkt maar weer.

Tuned down training for now, hoping it'll be better in a few days.

Depending on where you were, you may or may not have heard about the news. It is possible for 1 man to ruin a party for 16.000.000 people, all in one go. As someone put it, 16.000.000 party goers, 6 dead, 1 idiot. I am of course talking about the idiot who rammed his car through a road block, a crowd of people and, ultimately, into a roadside monument. The tally is now at 7 people dead, 4 badly wounded and 7 hurt, amongst which 3 children. Cruel kind of comfort, but the child tumbling through the air and landing on a tarmac road who has been stuck in my mind is not amongst the deceased. The driver, a "38 yr old quiet man," is.
It's yet another national trauma for our small country to deal with. Let's hope it doesn't mean that we're all going to go nuts like we usually do. Hopefully, we'll have a quiet parade next Koninginnedag, after which we can all go back to being complete orange fruitcakes for one day of the year.
Of course we will be like we usually are and close down security on every single event in the future. "They" are going to have a party.

As this will be in the news for a while, I'd like to end on a slightly lighter note. Soon, very soon, I will be thinking about opening an Etsy shop online! How cool would that be, if I actually did do so, and... well, stuff? (See, I'm not committing to anything!)

Soon (not) to be found in several online shop spots, I leave you with a lazy goodbye.

Goodbye.

No comments: