Sunday, May 17, 2009

Strike one...

...project off the list, because it's done!


Not too awful long ago, I posted a picture of some fabric I got on the cheap.
Here's a reminder.


Since then I've been working on various projects, like "The Jeans Skirt" and "The Black Shirt." The black shirt is still on hold, for reasons I don't quite understand. It'll be cute when it's done, I just have to sit down and do it. In the mean time, other, easier projects have appeared as if out of nowhere (read: a combination of more cheap fabric and 2 new editions of the magazine I sew from) and the shirt has been moved down the list of things to make. It'll get done, I'm sure, sometime, and before July comes by. I promise.

Anyway, one of those in-betweeny projects was a skirt to go camping with. As I left Texas mid-winter, I didn't really pack any summer clothes, (wrongly) hoping I'd be back before summer. Not. This means I often despair at the clothes I do have here, especially when they scream "It's winter, it's cold, wear us" at me when it's clearly not winter out there and I definitely don't want to wear them at all. I can work around this, combine, make new things to add to the collection, but now there's a teensy weensy little issue with next week.

The Girls Weekend Out is coming up, and for the first year ever, we're going camping. Hurray!

But all my camping hiking gear (except for the boots) are somewhere in a storage bin under my bed in Texas. Not very useful when Texas is in fact about 5000 miles away. So I've been thinking of what to pack, and I've got it pretty much figured out as far as clothes are concerned.

Imagine the unimaginable, and imagine it'll be warm next weekend? Therefore, I made me this:



It'll do me just fine, I should think.



Now. On to the next project.

1 comment:

Nell said...

yeeej, that's a nice one! I really like all those fabrics you have been using! That almost makes me think I should go and try to make some clothes as well ;)...but then I think of the times I tried....mmmnhah!
Anyway, even with all my clothes in one place, I don't know what to pack...luckily a few more days to go :)