Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Bad day at the office...

...and everywhere else as well.

This week, we rotated into doing admin stuff at work, which was a new thing for our little group. I've since handed over a fair number of severely unfinished folders and some with tragically wrong data in them (just one of those, to be fair to myself). Good thing my coworkers can be alert if they choose to be so nothing happened that couldn't be easily fixed. Still, some big misses from me.

Finally, someone figured out what went wrong with one client, and it turned out to have nothing to do with me. Some error in an obscure registration system with the client's employer kept his payments from coming through. Hopefully, they can fix this as well, if not a lot of manual payments/calculations are to follow in the next 13 weeks (plus 26, plus another 26 weeks). Which is something we really don't want, so they had better fix it for us sometime soon.

During lunch break, I didn't feel like going outside, but hey, the weather was fine, and some oxygen can't hurt, can it? The oxygen didn't, but the chestnut-like spiky thing I sat down on hurt like hell, and you can actually tell from the redness of my hand where the spikes where sticking into my skin.



Somehow, I made it to the end of the day, so I jumped on my bike, severely damaging my handbag (birthday present from DH, wildly expensive, and, well, just my fav bag, a present from the hubby, that ought to do it) on my wretched old wreck of a bike.




I really hope shops will be open this Thursday so I can find the Turkish guy (hope he's open as well) who's supposed to be a miracle worker in mending broken clothes. And then keep my fingers crossed that he does leather as well.

Of course after getting home, I managed to damage my new top, that I worked so hard on, by brushing by a wall.



I really need today to be over. And soon. I get to go to work at 7.30 tomorrow morning, I just can't wait.

PS. Almost forgot to mention: Regular torturer Jody still ill yesterday, so Old torturer Frans took his spot. Shoulder doing bad today. I told him so. Next appointment tomorrow. Jody better be back.

No comments: