Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday came around again...

... and we were out of work, got a load in, worked hard and were out of work again. We seem to be getting something wrong here, but not quite up to dealing with Co-worker A's fav colour/actor/movie/tv show/sport all day long, so working hard is a very good alternative.

I think I might take bets on how long it will take for me to pull off an intervention that wouldn't look bad in any classroom for the under 12's.

Co-worker B is still yanking A's chain(s) throughout the day, and A is getting riled up about it for about the same period of time. Seriously, it's like working with kids without being able to pull my usual tricks to get kids in line again. I'm really not sure how they will react to being sent to their respective corners "to think about what they did wrong". Mind you, the message would get across, but surely I shouldn't need to with these 25+ adults. Let me sketch you the scene of today.

I came in at my usual time this morning, while everyone else had apparently planned to come in early. This meant that A, B and eventually C were already at their desk when I got there. C seemed relieved, and after a few minutes (coffee in hand) I understood perfectly well. A and B had been at it for as long as she was there, and probably longer. It's like cats and dogs, I feel I should get me a whistle or something.

B is obviously playing with A, trying to find her breaking point, which really can't be all that far off. He publicly re-named her Chief Nitpicker, as she just can't stop herself from constantly correcting people's expression, grammar and even which syllable they stress. It's getting very hard not to just burst out laughing at him as he's subtly making her spew her (in-)correct little wisdoms for all to hear. I think this last re-naming got close to her breaking point, since she looked as if she didn't know if she should burst out laughing or run away crying. In the end she grinned and soon excused herself to the bathroom 'to collect herself.' It's getting a little painful to witness, but there's no stopping her. Or him, for that matter. Every once in a while some genuine irritation creeps into his voice.

The bubble will burst, but when? And how?

Guess the when and the how and you will receive a marvelous prize of something orange, yellow and cream. Easy to pin on and brighten up whatever you stick it on.


Enough!!!!!

It's Friday, and there's a fresh new weekend ahead. I started it off earlier, getting completely soaked on the way home. It was dry, and then it rained, and I cycled home. And then it dried up. Jeans aren't great for rain-stoppage, but we all know that. Neither is the leather jacked, nor the white booties. That was unexpected. So now I'm in my comfy black and blobs dress, made from this:



Unfortunately I didn't have therapy this week, as Jody is sick again (quite literally) so next appointment is on Monday evening. Both shoulders seem done with computers for the day, so here's to hoping sewing will be ok still. Working on a skirt for camping next week.

While on the subject of camping, we might be in car-packing-space luck next week, but more on that later. When we know where to go and what to take.

I feel creative. I must go and abuse the moment. Byeeeee!



PS. Will have some more yarn in 2 weeks. Can't wait.
PPS. Bookclub book #2 progressing slowly. Could've used another round of editing and be 1/3 shorter, surely. Story not bad, just the editing, mostly.

No comments: