Tuesday, April 07, 2009

There's a hole in my hand...

... when it comes to buying cheap fabric. I think I'm going a little OTT at the moment. But, it's still much cheaper than buying my own clothes, so I'm actually saving money, right?



That ^^ is the current collection of un-used fabric bought recently (besides the blue/white flower knit which I'm sure I posted somewhere) and some more black. Of course, this does not include unfinished shirt and skirt. Or any of the yarn I dug up from somewhere.

I've started in my BCB #1 and after struggling through the 'Definitive Author's Introduction' and 18 pages into the actual story, I think I'll come to the conclusion that the man has a really nice editor who never got a chance to do anything about the intro, but did a damn good job on the story itself. So far so good then, reading this 'SciFi'. It's not too bad.

In good news, the flowers on my flowerdy cactus are flowering!



Oh, and in other good news, the Monday-interview was a bit of a downer. Nice people, nice talk but both of us were a little uncertain of the 'Why' of my being there. I blame them. They asked me to come. Not time wasted as I picked up a few hints. Thankfully, they didn't pick me, so I didn't have to think about accepting or not. I realize this doesn't really sound like good news, but Randstad called back a few hours later, almost offering me a job with UWV. They get to send 6 people, no interview, full time until at least the end of the year, starting next Tuesday. Tomorrow they decide who to send, but according to her, I stand a decently good chance to be picked as part of the 'Randstad 6'. Just so we sound a bit dangerous and cool. And not like the unemployed losers that we are ;) I'm quite excited about that, so I'll take that to be a good omen. Which also happens to be a great book, if you add an 's' to the end.

Anyway, best be back to not writing for Scriptfrenzy. Still at 3 pages, like I was at the end of day 1. Seriously, what's wring with me? Could've been done by now.

Also, no news on the Frankfurt Nintendo job, so guessing nothing's come of that. Oh well, you lose some, you lose some.

It didn't really rain today, my flowers are out (cute!) and I managed to score some more fabric. All in all a good day so far.

No comments: