Friday, April 17, 2009

Thank Gods. It's Friday.

Well, after a week of not really paying attention to "stuff," I suppose I should come back to you with a report of the last 4 or 5 days. Well, to start of with last weeks' rant, #amazonfail seems to have lost its momentum, with spokespeople blaming the entire thing on a French programmer getting his translations wrong and doing silly stuff with 'adult' and 'erotic.' Or something. Doesn't quite seem to explain everything, from time-line to the disappearance of items by/on disabilities. The big hooha seems to have gotten a bit more quite now, and until I hear more about it, I don't quite see I should write about it. As I've obviously got nothing to say about it.

In this week, Don's friend passed away, but I'm horrible with names, so exactly who this would be, I cannot say. DH managed to tell me this the evening before the funeral, so thanks, hun, just in time. I'm sure he'll be missed.

In much better news, this week, the job started. On Tuesday, I went in at 8.30, drank a lot of coffee, tea, and looked at a fairly empty computer screen. IT had done their best but only came up with computer access and email accounts, which doesn't do much good. Over the course of the week, they managed to give us most of what we need, but in the grander scheme of things, someone botched up the application email box, so we don't actually have *any* applications for benefits yet. At all. South East district has 1200, so for now we're a bit behind. Which could be good, for the people involved, but this does nothing for my job security.
18 of us started, most are nice and interesting people, but every group has it's odd one out, and I think we've found the odd one. Not sitting at my group of desks, so not all that much of an issue. Anyways, things got overlooked and fixed, like who's who, and 'planned', like 'who are you?'. And pens and paperclips. Essential for an office environment, we want to have something to play with between coffee breaks.
Out of 4 days, we actually only worked the full 8 hours today, mainly by getting an inventory shopping list. Money's being made, so it's all good.

In the light of the above, nothing much done on any other list item. Will try and do some work on shirt or skirt, or both. Will see. Shopping for pantyhose and undershirts tomorrow as well. Blarmy, busy weekend!

What are you doing this weekend?

No comments: