Thursday, April 02, 2009

It's Springtime, for.....

...me at least!

The sun's out, the temp's up, and all is well in the world. Well, not really, but according to what I saw, even (most of) the G20 protesters enjoyed the weather. Sun is good. It really, really is, but you probably agree with that, so I'm not expecting any argument back. So while it's glorious outside, I got to bring some of it back in.



Pic including both BCB, so I can finally start with that. Am still on target for Scriptfrenzy, which is a new thing, since I'm usually behind from day one. As long as I write a little over 3 pages today, I'll be on top form. Weird....
Here's an exerpt (sorry, my first ever Dutch writing project)

INT. Herman's Keuken. Evening

HERMAN staat de vaatwasser in te laden. Deze is pas halfvol. Herman's keuken in een hypermoderne keuken met veel roestvrij staal en dure apparaten. Op de achtergrond het geluid van een tv. Herman sluit de vaatwasser zonder hem aan te zetten en begint een espressoapparaat te vullen. Als deze herrie begint te maken gaat de telefoon.

HERMAN
(zuchtend)

Moeder?

Scene 1. Curious? Me too. You never know what it ends up like from there.


Status of other projects also in pictures today. Here's what's going on with the BMB/Ti bag.



The body of the bag (horrid!) is finished and waiting for liner/fiberfill/vlieseline, so I'm working on some decorative flowers to go on the outside.

Other Projects not moving along very fast, sitting on the back-burner a bit since Scriptfrenzy and the BMBag are taking up some time. This is what they look like now.




Not very impressive, and not being worn tomorrow, obviously. Might do a pin or something to put on a black shirt I've had forever and a day. It'll be replaced, but not right now. Kinda busy, you see?

Anyway, in other news, we're very, very very carefully tip-toeing about possibly being a little bit positive about a meeting DH had yesterday. This means we're still expecting nothing, but two braincells are allowed to think positive. Will inebriate them soon, just in case.

I myself am invited to come to an interview for a job I don't think I should be doing. BA, office setting, SAP experience, Excell proficient is all required, and then they want to speak to me?!? Makes you wonder what's wrong with them, but I guess I'll find out on Monday. Still have 2 others I want to put in for, but didn't have time to do so today. Will send out email to one next, the other must be called soon, but is open until May 6. Some time left on that one. Weird, all this.

Must also call Nell, to see about dinner tomorrow evening, which will be at her house (!) which I haven't seen finished, with Flip, Heidi and the twins. Well, the twins might come late, and I'm not sure if Sjoerd will be there, or will come later. Because.... WE'RE GOING OUT!

That's mildly exciting, as I never seem to do so these days (months, years). It'll include dancing and drinking, and I'll slap some make-up on and earrings, and nail polish and cute jeans and not my new black shirt, as it's still in pieces as you can tell. Guess I'll have to make a decision about shoes though. Comfy, pointy or high? Oh dear. Also, I got to drop a therapy session this week, but I'll have 3 next week. Have I mentioned yet that he thinks there's progress? I can't currently lift up my arm very well with the soreness from training muscles I didn't know I had. The things you find out while in a gym full of old people. Never seems to be anyone my age.

I did realize something very serious about the current situation. I had to bring a lot of winter stuff back with me because it was still winter here. Therefore, I couldn't bring any summer stuff, which is still over there. As I'll probably be here for a while, what am I going to do without my skirts? My shirts? My cute little sandals? What, I ask you! (Oddly enough, my bikini *is* here. I guess I can go to the beach, in bikini, jeans, sweater and boots. Hm.)

Brother has safely arrived in Tokyo, and has slept until 14.00. Guess he's well rested now. Arigato, or whatever!

No comments: