Monday, April 23, 2012

3KCBWDAY1 - Colour Lovers

Hi all, 

Today is the first time I'm participating in a thingymawhattum called... what it says down there in this here banner. 



It's a thing where bloggers all over the world share their thoughts on the same subjects for a week. Now my week is about to be interrupted by a Photographer showing up, so this may or may not be my only entry this year. We'll see. For now, I'll tell you a little something about colour and my craft. The Stash is a good place to start, it's the base of it all I suppose. I tend to pick a yarn or fibre of strong colours. There is a place for pastels and soft tones. I have some in my stash even, but it tends to stay there for longer than most (indefinitely).

There is more enjoyment for me, working with a strong colour. It doesn't need to be a bright, in your face colour, even though I do like those as well. Natural coloured fibre has a certain something to it. The colour is part of its being, not something added later (which doesn't stop me from dyeing my hair, obviously). 

So strong colours do it for me. It may have something to do with the way they brighten up my wardrobe. There nothing like a colourful shawl to lift the black-top-on-jeans-look, is there?



Windward - Heidi Kirrmaier


Tolovana - Marnie Maclean


Jeweled Cowl - Sachiko Uemura


Pea Vines - Anne Hanson


Rock Island - Jared Flood


Damask - Kitman Figueroa


Echo Flower Shawl - Jenny Johnson Johnen


Annis - Suzanna IC

1 comment:

Lisa-24-7 said...

Agree, strong colors are best. I love all your lace!