Wednesday, January 25, 2012

WIP Wednesdays: Clearance and Sales

This week, believe it or not, has been all about clearing out.
It started with liberating the 4mm needles. It all snow-balled a little from there...

I went from 1792 to a mere 814 unread e-mails, just by deleting everything from before 2010. Yeah, I know. Still working on 2010. Scanning through pages of unread newsletters, I stumbled upon a few things I forgot about, like contact information, and the wedding sermon. Sort of significant stuff, not to be lost in the deep deep cracks of the gmail account. Everything else had to go, so it went. 
Going by the amount of relief that gave me, I went through my list of tweeps. If I'm no longer following you, it's not because of you. It's because of me and my incompatibility with your tweets. I should let a few more go. I'm working on that, but for now my curiosity wins. 
To continue with this, I said goodbye to a few feeds in my reader. I don't quilt, but if I pick it up, I'm sure I'll find a few lovely people writing about it. Life blogs turning into lifestyle blogs also had to go. I just found myself not reading them, and then there's no point in letting them add up the unread numbers, is there? I wish them all the best, it seems mostly with living a blog-free life. Many of them are getting out of the blogging rat-race. Who knew?

I don't have the illusion that anyone will notice my clearing operation, other than me. But the numbers are down, and that is good for me. Me, me, me. It's me I need to pay more attention to. 
Sleep more, take care, achieve goals. Dare to fail. 

Having dealt with technofail for most of the evening, the sleeping thing means that this blog post will be published incomplete. I'll return later this week with some things that caught my attention, and explain the Sales part of the title of this post. 

Lady Gift
section 4

Tanit's Jacket
row 40

Damask
Knit-a-long
row 19

Tardis
close to 1/6th spun

I'm setting myself the goal of working on the looks of this blog. Expect some changes in the near future!

3 comments:

yarnsalad said...

Sometimes it's hard to keep up with all the stuff, and it feels liberating to let things go! What did you mean by liberating the 4mm needles?

Unknown said...

Oh, you go away from your computer for a week and RSS feeds go mad! (like many, many other things)

I liberated my 4mm needles from a project I didn't love, so I could use them for the Damask KAL. I'm using ALL my 4mm at the moment, including my new ones. I guess I know which ones to shop for next...

yarnsalad said...

Damask KAL - wait - isn't that from a podcast? (Trying to remember) Was it the Knitting Pipeline?