Wednesday, January 18, 2012

WIP Wednesday: WIP Galore!!!

Ahhhhhhhh. A WIP Wednesday with some actual WIP's! (and tools, FO's and near FO's, and secret WIP's)

Yes, well, here we are. I promised you a daylight picture of the thing that The Photographer and his brother made for me as a Christmas gift. How special is that?!? It makes a little noise, but I figure I can get rid of that somehow. I'll ask, before you ask. 


I used it to skein 276 meters of a light fingering weight yarn I made out of Dutch Wool Diva's September instalment called Doctor. Not the, the other one*


It took a while to spin, not just because that's an awful lot of 3-ply out of 1 bat, but also because the gift knitting got in the way. It was so nice to get back at the wheel!!! I'm now working on the BFL by Dyeing for Ewe which I finally managed to get my hands on. Colourway: Tardis. I need not say more. It shines. 


Last year I spun some DWD mini bats and some Zwartbles I was gifted by Louise of the CaithnessCraftCollective. Both remained a little under the radar ever since, and they've turned into a something. I'm not sure what it is about it, but it isn't quite a thing yet. I've decided it needs pompoms. 


Knitting is taking place, some of it on this start of a cardigan. I've loved it ever since it was published by Gurdun Johnston a few years ago, but it never got made. Attempt #3, with a new yarn. Love the stitch, but it moves along so very, very slowly. You're looking at 26 rows. That's right, 26. On 4mm needles. I suspect it will be finished indefinitely.


This one's twin is now almost off the needles, which means I get to carry on with the twin of my own mitten, remember the cameo mitten in blue and cream? 

Another WIP I've got going right now is a future gift to a female. The female is not yet been determined, although I am fairly certain of the continent she resides on. I'm not on it right now.**
There's also a perpetual sock. It'll be another one. 

Once I get a thing off the needles, I'll have some needles free to join a KAL. Recruit me while I'm not yet otherwise engaged!!!


Oh, and Donna said yes. Hi Donna!


*House
**Guess

No comments: