Sunday, January 29, 2012

Clearance and Sales, the second part.

I seem to have yet another cold. I'd put it up for sale but I fear there won't be any takers... I'm having oranges instead. 



Lack of sunlight and a decent night's sleep probably don't help. I've been told I need another challenge. So far, 2012 sounds quite a lot like 2011, doesn't it? Well, not quite. 
Clearance has expanded to include the old hard drive that's keeping this laptop going. I debated, and debated and debated. What if I remove the things I have backed up from the working hard drive because I have them on the back up hard drive, and then the back up hard drive breaks down? What if?!?
I've been dealing with that question for years, to the dismay of the Photographer, who has to deal with the "no room on this hard drive for your thousands of .ORF files you managed to take in a week"-message. A lot. Again I cut off at 2010. Every picture from before that (except the folders I consult for this blog) has been backed up, and now resides only there. I hope that thing lives forever, or at least until I manage to backup the back up drive. 



Squeeeeeeeeeee!
I'm *in* the perfect sweater workshop. That is all. 

(A challenge, knit something that actually fits me). I might also sign up for the steeking workshop during the next Breidag, 'cause that *sh*t* scares me senseless. Excuse my language, but have you ever considered cutting your knitting? I have. I was away with the faeries just thinking about it. A workshop might be a plan, as steeking is another challenge. Thanks for confirming that, Stacey!

A challenge that will be a leeeeeetle *insert squeaky voice* bit more difficult is one that's been swimming around for a while. I'm not really worried about the knitting challenges above. I'm really good at following instructions. That's why I never have any bits leftover after a long day of IKEA construction. 
The challenge lies in the making of the instructions themselves. And obviously, I don't want to do half a job, so besides writing down the pattern for the adapted HEMA bootees, I want to figure out how to do basic publishing. I'm watching all kinds of videos, which have told me how to make a new document, and do something with columns. A template would be nice, wouldn't it? Anyway, I'm working on stuff. 




Will I get tired, what with all these challenges? You bet. I'm going to rest myself on an island for a week.



I received an invitation for Pinterest by the lovely Martine from the iMake blog and podcast and it looks like I can invite some of my friends as well! Pinterest is a place where you can share your favourite things with you friends and the world by 'pinning' an image to what I can only describe as a huge, digital pin board. it's a great way to discover new things, get some inspiration, and create your very own mood boards. Drop me a line on Ravelry or Twitter (or my email, if you have it) if you want me to send you an invite!
If you're already on Pinterest, you can find me here. I'd love to see what interests you!


Earlier this week I bumped into this lovely project called FLOCK. You can join the FLOCK by adding a wool pompom sheep to their collection. I can't think of a better reason to try out my new pompom makers...

I've had enough of writing and trying to put buttons on this page, so I'm calling it another night.

Stay calm,
Cast on.


Note to Stacey: Sometimes you have to liberate a knitting needle when it's been hijacked by the project of doom. So I did. I'm now using my 4mm to knit Damask, together with the other people who are doing the #damaskkal. Martine from iMake and friends of the podcast are organising the thing.

No comments: