Sunday, November 13, 2011

Scottish Sundays, not so very wild

As you *might* have gathered, I'm a bit of a fan. Of Scotland, I mean. I've never managed to be a fan in the way my friends at school were. I managed to cut up magazines and glue pictures into a folder, but I was never all that enthusiastic about it. Come to think of it, although many conversations were centered around New Kids on the Block, I manage to only remember the Wahlberg dude, because his brother went on to become an actor. I fear I must've given away my age, but that's ok. A few weeks ago I celebrated two threes. Yes, I dare say it out loud, I'm 33 years old. Already. What happened?

Anyway, back to fan-dom. I'm sure I only get to see the nice bits of Scotland, and that's why I love it so much. But, I did wander around in mud and snow, I've slept in freezing conditions (indoors, would you believe) and I've been rained upon a number of times. I've taken unexpected dips, pushed myself beyond my limits to reach mountain tops and driven the deathy road of deaths and lived to tell the tale. I have outrun, swathed and screamed at millions of midges. And I still love being there.

Today, I thought I would share a few pictures of animals we took on our last trip. The Photographer happens to also like Scotland a lot. Which is why I like him so much. Duh. He also took most of the pictures.
We didn't spot many or any deer or seals or otters or interesting birds this year. I'm not sure if this is because of our locations or the time of year, as we went a little later than usual. We did catch a few more 'garden' animals as you can see below. And before you ask, yes, those are the late Queen mum's Angus'.

 

 

 

 


Over the next weeks I'll pick some pictures with a different theme. How would you like to see a mountain create its own weather system?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: