Thursday, March 12, 2009

As I'm sort of hanging out (read: 'stalking') celebs now

.. I figured they are setting a good example by blogging a lot. If you're reading this blabbering, please send thank to @stephenfry, @neilhimself and @Templesmith.

I haven't been really active, apart from sending out oodles of job applications, which so far has resulted in no response at all, one interview (yay! but let's not cheer too much too soon) and one turn down from being "Too heavy a candidate" which I'm supposed to understand as they were looking for someone more stupid. How stupid is that? So, we're supposed to focus on the one interview which I expect to come to nothing for pretty much the same reason. Fun fun, but at least I can put it down as being one more interview experience.

In the mean time, I haven't been sitting around as much as I may have in the past, though sometimes I wish I could. Plans, plans, plans galore. I reallllllly want some money to go to Scotland again this year, as I'm knitting this large thing to help cover up a bridge. I think it's a fine idea and a great excuse to go. Don't see it happening soon though, or any time at all in the coming years. Which really sucks major bum.

I'm reading a book. It's the second in a series. Part one was great. The author is great, in general, I have a few of his books. This one, however is just plain annoying. The idea of a window story is for the window to exist, not for it to be pointed to *every single chapter*. Really annoying, but we're battling on since I can't afford to buy another book. Though, in other booky news, I'm joining a preliminary meeting of the scififantasy book club in Lattes. So it's not all doom and gloom, right?

Oh, and I'm still working on that horrendous cowl, since it'd be nice to finish it before temp goes up too much. I made a dress and am halfway though a wraparound. wayhay! Sooooo, trying to recovered from yet another cold and frantically attempting to motivate why the bank should hire me for this dumb job that they will find me "too heavy" for, I'll be here. I'll pop in again later.

Promise!

1 comment:

irlbinky said...

should I ask the book/author? I wish I could say something that would magically give you a job or would give you the impression that the next interview will be the one but I can;t, all I can do is try cheer you up, hope the next interview will be the successful one.

I will sit down and try and think if there is anythign i can do to make the time until you get a job go faster though.