Monday, May 12, 2014

5KCBWDAY1 A Day In The Life

Oh, hello....

There's a little bit of an echo in here. Please ignore the dust bunnies, I have no idea what Judith's been up to in the last months. I assume she'll tell you she's been busy or tired, or both. 

By the way, she hasn't completely lost the plot (yet). It's the annual Knitting and Crochet Blog Week, organised by Eskimimi. Today's brilliant idea was this: Describe a day in the life of a project that you have made or are in the process of making. It's nice to get a word in, let me tell you (she doesn't shut up). 

I'm her newest cast on, a bit of a comfort thing, just like when she bought me from Helen because I was the best of the lot. I've got so many lovely colours you wouldn't believe it. Caked up I'm even more impressive than in the skein! 


She's getting on nicely though, for someone who's always busy thinking how busy she feels, if you get what I mean. She's even thought up a name for what I'm supposed to be so from now on you can call me All cowlkerchief. I know. I told her that's not a word, and it's quite embarrassing when I hang out with the unfinished cardigans and socks. They have a proper name and a given name, but I'm just the cowlkerchief. 


It's a good thing I'm this gorgeous or I'd get a complex from that name thing. Check out those ripples! Those daisy stitches! The colours (that are awfully bleak in these pictures, I do apologize)!


I'm supposed to be part of a selection of nice things for mums (or not mums) which can deal with tiny tots or other challenges and still look pretty. I'm one of those specials skeins you only have one of in your stash, too pretty to hide in shoes, but sturdy enough to survive daily life in a situation that doesn't appreciate the most luxurious of yarns. Maybe, one day, Judith'll get around to writing us down. You know, what she's been planning for years. Until that time I'll just sit here and look pretty.

It's nice to see something new here, however silly it may seem. Who knows where it leads... Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: