Wednesday, January 19, 2011

WIP Wednesday, does not contain enough sleep

Hi there,

yes you, lurking in the corner. Hi, you can come out, I won't bite. I'm too tired, it's too much effort. On the other hand, I'm bursting with creative frustration adrenaline!

Below, find O.W.L.S.



Looks alright, doesn't it? Almost finished, wouldn't you say?

Well it's not. I carefully calculated gauge, did the numbers as instructed, and when my row count didn't end up matching my calculations, I Just. Went. On. Anyway.

And now I'm stuck with an INCH of surplus boob-room. Believe you me, that's quite something to have spare if you're me. Also, let me tell you, I'm not ripping back, I'm not. I'll do some shaping when it's done. It's just fine otherwise. It fits an' all. (It just has extra room for a set of regular sized boobs)


White Shetland, 203 mtr, light fingering

Now this is much more pleasurable. It's what I've been doing when I wasn't working on a job or flinging myself at brick walls. It's soft.

Grey Shetland, 221mtr, light fingering

This was last week's skein, and it's also lovely and soft and squooshy (how do you spell that feeling of yummy softness when you squeeze a skein of yarn?)

All of the colours I want to use are spun now, so all that's left is to soak and let dry so the twist can set. I really hope to be trying it out next week. This is them, together.



I should sleep and be more, so I've just started reading Eckart Tolle's The Power of Now. Will keep you posted...

2 comments:

José said...

Is that YOUR spinning you're showing us? Did you spin it on Bea? WOW! Who cares about boobs or boobspace, spinning is so much more fun ;-D

Unknown said...

yes!!!

I love having Bea around, though I do work her hard. Adoption successful, I'd say!