Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dear BBC,

I am a daily user of your website, even though I am not located in the UK. I pay my cable company good money to watch BBC1 and BBC2, and I use the UK website for news, listings and background information on your shows. I am now forced onto the international website which doesn't list the channels I watch and it doesn't look like picking London as location (we get the local London news, so it seemed appropriate) is doing me any good.

Frankly, I'm pretty upset, and I'd like to use some stronger words to impress my feelings onto whomever gets to read this, but "that's not the way my mother raised me." I'm sure it's not your fault. However, that doesn't stop me from venting in more public places, not that you'd notice.

I understand the issue with not showing me iPlayer, (I don't but I accept it), I have a bigger issue with not showing me Springwatch webcams, but not letting me stay on the UK website reeks of a 'Close our borders'-kind of strategy I didn't expect from a self-respecting Broadcaster like your good selves. Where I live, only peroxide politicians do that kind of thing.

I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm not angry, just very disappointed, because I'm not. I'm flippin' angry.

Please fix this obvious error, or help me fix it, since your "Help" doesn't exactly cater for my needs.

PS. If this has anything to do with Windows or Firefox updates, it's obviously not the BBC's fault, but I'd still like some help fixing it.

No comments: