Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Great Lakes of North Texas

Looking at this blog, you'd think it always rains here. Nothing is less true, I just don't blog that often.

Lately, we've been lucky that it hasn't been below freezing. Or unlucky. Depends on how you look at it. Masses of open water could be a nice source of income a la IJsvermaak, but somehow I don't think it would be as successful over here. Anyway, Lucky we are.

We're on a hill. A decent one too, so I discovered during my warm-up run the other day. Uphill does warm you up, so it's all good and I can almost sit down without aid again. So, a hill. Contrary to popular belief, water does not seem to run down this particular hill. The hill is also made of clay soil. So when I got here 10 days ago, there were a few "puddles" because it had been raining for a bit. This weekend, we finally dried out. Yesterday, it rained. All day.

Check out our Great Lakes




No comments: